- Judo is a martial art that evolved from jujitsu, which is a form of unarmed combat practiced by Japanese Samurai.
- Judo is the first Olympic sport to have originated in Asia.
- Judo is fun.
- The character 'ju' conveys the idea of yielding or giving way to an opponents force in order to overcome him. The character 'do' means the way. Judo means 'gentle way'.
- The moral code of Judo is politeness, courage and sincerity.
- Judo is an international sport in which opponents use movement, balance and leverage to gain advantage over each other.
- Judo consists of throwing and grappling techniques and hold downs.
- Judo is one of the fastest growing sports in the world.
Judo is the most popular martial art in the world, with 13 million participants in 111 countries.